Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Deja Vu and Dancing

This week sure has been an emotional one. At times, I have felt like I'm living in some dream or experiencing moments of deja vu or something similar. How did Emmie get to be a 3rd grader ? I used to teach 3rd grade....how do we have a daughter that is as old as the students I taught? How is Katie in Kindergarten? I was reminded of taking Emmie to her first day of Kindergarten. In the mornings I am at home with Allie and Will and it reminds me of being home with just Emmie and Katie a few short years ago. Taking Allie along to pick up Katie reminds me of when Katie was along to pick up Emmie.....well, you get the point. Then, today it was Allie's turn to be the ballerina for the first time!

I was sitting on the bench outside the class remembering Emmie taking dance class for the first time in Cleveland. Then, I remembered how her teacher would let Katie jump in class for a few dances here and there between snacking on the side. Then Katie took dance for 2 years and Allie was always to my side watching and enjoying a snack. Then, I was reminded of sitting on that same bench pregnant last year and then taking our newborn Will to the classes later that year. I sat watching our 3rd little girl happily dancing the morning away, thinking of Emmie and Katie all grown up at school, with our nearly 1-year-old son at my side watching and enjoying a snack ...sound familiar? :)

Anyway, Allie was so very excited to go to class today. She has been talking about it for days and kept asking if it was 'time to go yet'. She was such a big girl...walking right into class waving goodbye to me, listening intently for directions, changing shoes... jumping right into the routine in such an enthusiastic manner.

Pretty please take me to dance class now!!!
I'm ready to go!!!
At last...I'm here!!!Off I go...
Here is a video from the class.....it was taken through the window and blinds.



Of course, I had to go find my pics of Emmie and Katie as ballerinas...

Emmie (age 3 years, 2 months)Emmie (age 3 years, 11 months)
Katie (age 3 years, 11 months)

Katie (age 4 years, 4 months)


Did I mention Katie started soccer this week? She put on Emmie's shin guards and old cleats and I was reminded of....don't get me started...off to bed!

No comments: