Monday, January 18, 2010

Flip-Flop Fun

Photobucket

Saturday was Katie's birthday party with her friends.  Her party was a pool party at the recreation center.  Originally we had planned on an art party at our house but then we realized that wouldn't be possible when she stated she wanted to invite ALL of the girls from her class so that no one would have their feelings hurt...sweet girl.  So, we called the rec center, scheduled a party on an opening they had 6 days later, made invites (with apologies for the late notice), delivered invites, shopped for party goodies, made flip-flop candies and a cake, bought Katie a new bathing suit, made a flip-flop visor...and headed for the pool.

Rich and I had our hands MORE THAN FULL with 17 little girls and Will at the pool.  First we were in the party room and had cake and opened presents....then we moved on to the pool.  There is a lazy river at the pool and I'm not sure how but those girls went ROUND and ROUND and ROUND that lazy river for an hour and a half.  They had fun!  I wish I had more pictures but I am limited to the few pics I uploaded to PhotoBucket before we unplugged our old PC today and started up our new one....oh yeah....and the pics I took that day were far from great.   (Note to self:  Practice on new lens before taking it to an important event.)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So Katie's birthday celebrations have come to a close.  The funny thing about a birthday close to Christmas is that it actually lasts a few weeks.  A neighbor of mine who also has a Katie with a December 27th birthday agrees...you celebrate on that day with relatives, maybe on another day with other relatives, come home and celebrate as a family at a dinner out and then with friends at a party. Maybe a Christmas-time birthday isn't so bad after all....even Emmie asked after the party as Katie was going through her presents, "Why does Katie have to have a birthday the day after Christmas?" :0

1 comment:

amalia said...

LOVE LOVE the cake! Such a fun idea for a winter party. Makes me CRAVE summer even more! Hope you had a Happy Day, Katie!