Katie has now played 3 games on her Blue Angels team. I missed her first game because it was a very early morning game so I stayed home to let the others sleep in while Daddy took Katie. She came home with a very happy report of getting two goals. We all went to her game yesterday during which I was able to once again observe the fun and 'wonderful-ness' of Kindergarten soccer.
There were 2 different times when the girls were discussing cartwheels and actually doing them on the field in the middle of the game. Too cute! It is amazing to see the difference between the Kindergarten and 3rd grade games....everything is smaller....the girls, the soccer ball, the fields, the goals. Everyone cheers for everyone....even the other team. Parents and coaches applaud both teams. I don't even think the girls would care if they scored a goal for the other team. Everything is just happy, happy.
Warming up for the game...
On the field...


Cartwheel time...Katie and 2 friends 'prepping' for cartwheels!
With the ball...

Katie has this really cute 'hopping/bouncing' kind of run that
I caught on video.
Today, we had our first experience 'dividing and conquering' the soccer schedule. Emmie and Katie had games at the exact same time. Coach Daddy and Emmie went to her game while I took Allie and Will to Katie's game. Here is a pic of our 2 soccer girls, both #9, before the games.


Also, a little video of some fancy footwork on the sidelines....by Miss Allie...
Info and pics of team Orange Crush can be found here http://orangecrushsoccer.blogspot.com
1 comment:
soccer stars in the making!
Post a Comment