Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Flight 001

This past weekend we celebrated Will's 1st birthday with a party at our house. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa who were able to make it and to our friends who always make the distance to 'home' seem a little less. Thanks for helping us celebrate!

I'm a little late with this post as I was quite disappointed with the lack of pictures I have from the big day. I love photographs and telling stories through photographs. After all, you only have a 1st birthday party once. I am so grateful that Grandma and Grandpa were able to provide me with the pictures that I do have! Thanks also to a couple of friends who captured some video on my camera!

What can I say about his party? It started around 5 and we had 20 adults and 21 kids. Will was his usual happy self and sure did LOVE his birthday cake with chocolate icing!!! What I realized is that I didn't get to spend much quality time with him during the actual party. I took the next day to snuggle with him for a nap on the couch for a few hours and get some extra quality play time. I'm thinking I might even sneak in another birthday cupcake with a candle at dinner tomorrow or Friday. :) Is it possible to have 'post-first-birthday blues'? I'm so happy but at the same time it feels like he has gotten so old too quickly. Did I mention he is currently sleeping in his bed for the first time tonight? More to come later...

The Invitation

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Cake

Photobucket

Where are Katie & Allie?

Photobucket

Checking Out The Cake

Photobucket

What Is Mommy Going To Do With That Thing?

Photobucket

Listening To Happy Birthday

Photobucket

Captivated By The Candle

Photobucket

Where Did That Light Go?

Photobucket

So Many People Watching Me

Photobucket

Am I Supposed To Eat This?

Photobucket

Wow...This Is Yummy!

Photobucket

Really Yummy!

Photobucket

Getting Full!

Photobucket

So Many Wheels, So Little Time! What's A Boy To Do?

Photobucket

Yes! Some Boy Books!

Photobucket

I Know What This Is....BALL!

Photobucket

Two Videos...


3 comments:

Blink of an Eye said...

So precious.

Jenn said...

He was the life of the party...that sweet boy!! Now he has joined the ranks of "big boys"...but he will always be your baby boy!!

Jenn

Stacey said...

How cute! I LOVE the cake. You are so talented! It's so adorable to see you with your little boy. Happy 1 year!!!