Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yay For Me!

I feel funny making this post but if you are reading this blog it is because you are either family or a good friend so you will forgive me I'm sure.  :)  I have to be proud somewhere.  A couple of weeks ago I achieved a goal I had been working hard to achieve.  My application for PRO was reviewed and accepted by a panel of well-known professional photographers and now I can play along with and learn from them.  I was just denied this past September.  I actually knew I'd be denied at that time but wanted the feedback so that I could improve.

Also, I entered a little contest to win an online workshop.  The theme was green.  I had plans to do a 'green with envy' image at a local camera store.  Then, I decided that it was Wednesday, my day to spend with Will, and that we should do something more fun for him.  We went on a scavenger hunt throughout the house to find anything and everything green and we had fun.  I entered my image just in time and found out this morning that I won.  :)  Yay... $300 saved.  There were so many amazing and beautiful entries (more impressive than mine for sure) but they stated that I won because they loved that I included my child, worked so hard and that it was one impressive pile of green.  I think they also felt bad that I had to clean up that pile, ha.  :)

5 comments:

Blink of an Eye said...

Awesome. Congratulations. Nothing wrong with tootin' your own horn.

Amy said...

Congrats! Both the PRO and the photo contest are great news!! Miss you guys...need to plan a trip!

Stacey said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!! I love it! Congrats!

amalia said...

Oh my gosh CONGRATS!!! OH I bet Joseph would be jealous with all the fun that is going on at your house!! He loves hunting for things around the house....and I feel a little guilty that Sam has been consuming lots of my attention lately!!!!

drg said...

AWESOME! Congrats Nance!