Sunday, January 23, 2011

...and then there were 8

Ha, ha, ha....we've evened the score at 4 girls and 4 boys now.  It's crazy over here.

Almost 2 weeks ago, we brought this cute little guy into our home.  Rich has always liked Russian Blue cats.  I thought that someday we would get one and then someone mentioned to me that we should get one while Max is young so they are buddies.  I contacted the breeder who said a litter was coming in the Spring.  A few days later I received an email that one of her kittens from the last litter had a plane ticket to Connecticut but then the lady had something come up and couldn't take him....of course she attached pictures to that email.  After receiving 'permission' from Rich, I set up a time to pick him up and surprise Rich.  Katie was the only one who knew when the kitten was coming home and we went out shopping to get ready for him.  Katie was soooo excited to get a kitten.  That Wednesday everyone, but Katie, was surprised when they came home.  The girls made a little paw print trail from the door across the house and up the stairs to a bedroom where we were all waiting for Rich to come home.

He was named Rudy after Rudy the Flyer from the University of Dayton.  Although Allie has called him Rudy-kins and that name is also starting to catch on around here.

Rudy and Max seem to be buddies.  On day 1 there was a lot of this...Max was so interested in him.

Day 2 in natural light...you can really see his color in the light.  Russian Blues are known to ride around on shoulders and Rudy is no exception.  I'll have to take a picture of this soon. 

Buddies...

Rudy is the best cuddler and he seems to like everyone equally.  Everyone loves him...even Emmie...who didn't want a cat but is found all the time playing with him.  Katie has worked hard to make him toys out of yarn and thinks we have 'the cutest kitty ever'.  Allie does not leave him alone.  Will also thinks he is very fun.  When Rudy climbs on him he says "Oh hi, kiddy" and pets him.  Max is also much better behaved now that he has someone new to play with.  I have a new saying to those who can't believe our busy household.  I saw it somewhere the other day.  'If you can't believe how full my house is, you should see my heart'.  Ok, that's cheesy, I know...but true.  :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

So sweet! Congrats on the newest member of the family! Cute post!