Friday, April 16, 2010

Make new friends but keep the old...

If you live away from family and where you grew up, once in awhile you get this deep-down feeling of missing home....wanting to spend time with someone who has known you for a long time.  Those days are getting fewer and farther inbetween but I just had one last Friday.  I want to call up an old friend and go to lunch and chat....lunch involving chips and salsa. 

My friend Christina and I went to college together and lived together in Cincinnati after college.  I moved on to Cleveland and she was moving to Kansas City.  At the time, I wasn't quite sure what that meant.  I didn't even know that Kansas City, KS and MO were the same area.  When I called her about our potential move a few years ago, she said that the winters here were much more mild than Cleveland...I was sold.  :)   So, when we moved here, I would call her up at work and ask if I could come pick her up for lunch....on a weekly basis for quite some time.  I was lucky because that saved my sanity as we were living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 kids and didn't know anyone in the city. 

Last week we met for chips and salsa on Monday and to take pictures of her sweet daughter on Sunday.  Here are a few pics...this sweet girl sure knows how to have fun (and also when to stop and apply chap stick and brush her hair).  You can view the slideshow here.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow has she gotten BIG!! She has turned into a beautiful little lady (figured she would since she was a beautiful baby!)

Jenn

drg said...

so darn cute!! Love seeing Christina and Rose - since she never updates FB with any pics....(I hope you are reading this C!)
Great job on the pics Nance!