Thursday, April 29, 2010

rANdOm POsT

My neighbor told me I needed to get over to her backyard before these beautiful peonies lost their color.  She has all sorts of pretty things that I don't even know the name of.  Apparently, these will only have their vibrant color for a couple of days.  So, when she reminded me the 2nd time, I headed over there with my camera, 3 kids and a spray bottle to spritz them with.  They are pretty flowers, aren't they?


I delivered my first birth announcements today.  It was exciting!  They turned out cute.  What do you think of my idea to deliver cards on a cookie plate like this rather than in a gift bag?  Cheesy or cute?? 


Lastly, I wish I could go to Pier 1 and buy a complete set of this polka-dot pattern for our everyday use...they're so fun!  I think this might be frowned upon since we already have our wedding everyday set plus another all white set I bought a couple of years ago.  You should have seen Rich's face when he saw my bags of polka-dot plates before I explained "Oh, don't worry...these are for my business."

1 comment:

amalia said...

LOVE the polka dot plates.... I am a plate freak... love all sorts....fancy, everyday, etc....and we won't even get into my love of cake stands especially old antique ones!!!! Pretty flowers too!