We love our Grandma 'Wiggles'. Ok, that is actually not her last name. Her last name sounds very similar to 'wiggles' and when E was little she thought, brainwashed by the kids group 'The Wiggles', that this must be her name. So, to us, 'Grandma Wiggles' it is...and she has been kind enough to embrace this identity.I have only known her for about 13 years now and she is one amazing woman. I'm sure that I can't properly describe all of her wonderful qualities but I shall try. Mother of 6, Grandmother of 11, Great Grandmother of 10...need I say more? Her calendar is full...from being a faithful volunteer to playing cards with friends to working in her large garden...she is busy, busy, busy.
She is a religious woman who is very Christ-like and kind-hearted. She does not judge others. She is happy with where she is and what she has. When asked by her children if she would like her kitchen remodeled she simply stated that she liked it the way it is.
She is a religious woman who is very Christ-like and kind-hearted. She does not judge others. She is happy with where she is and what she has. When asked by her children if she would like her kitchen remodeled she simply stated that she liked it the way it is.
She is also 'hip' and 'current'. She watches 'The Bachelor', 'American Idol' and another show she wouldn't want me to list here. :) I love the fact that I can chat with her about our favorite 'Idols'. She loves to watch the news and is one smart woman.
Grandma Wiggles has more energy than most people...she just keeps going and going and going...yes, I think some have called her 'The Energizer Bunny'. When she does decide that she needs a nap, she will set the timer for 30 minutes. Seriously, she can keep up with toddlers...and she did. She came here with Grandma and Grandpa H for 9 days to help out when W was born.
This past weekend A decided that she was going to sit with Great Grandma and have a little chat. I think this chat lasted close to a couple of hours and consisted of A telling her all about dinosaurs and monsters and other random things until around 10 pm. It was so sweet.
Imagine all the great things those who have known her longer would have to say...

No comments:
Post a Comment