Monday, March 23, 2009

Spotty

W caught a respiratory virus last week which caused a very bad cough and wheezing. We thought it may be RSV again but then were told that colds would be more severe for a year after having RSV...poor guy...the RSV curse. This virus also led to an ear infection which led to amoxicillin. Then, this past week we visited Grandma and Grandpa in St. Louis. W had his first veggie....carrots. The next morning he broke out in hives. Grandma and I had a feeling it was the amoxicillin (even though he was on day 7) rather than the carrots but I was told differently by a nurse on the doctor's office line. She felt it was the carrots and told me to continue the meds. Last night and today the hives became much worse. This picture doesn't even show that many of the hives are nickel size, some quarter size, and very swollen. They are everywhere...even on his head. Anyway, W visited with the doctor today who said that this was an amoxicillin allergy. Even though he had a full course 2 months ago and was on day 7 of this course, it was still the meds. Ahhh....should have listened to Grandma and my 'gut feeling' not to give him anymore meds. Anyway, he is happy and they should begin to go away real soon. It seems like W has been sick a lot... he has the disadvantage of being exposed to everything that comes home from school and preschool.

"I may be spotty, but I'm still happy!"

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad he is all better now! Poor little guy...how does he manage to always look SO happy? What a trooper!!!

Jenn