Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Normal Days

Saw this tonight and wanted to share...

Normal day,
let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you,
love you,
bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by
in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.

Let me hold you while I may,
for it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in the pillow,
or stretch myself taut,
or raise my hands to the sky and want,
more than all the world, your return.


~Mary Jean Iron

I love normal days.  I didn't really know this until about 7 years ago when I had about 2 months of 'very not normal' days.  I've known it and appreciated it ever since then.  That's not to say I don't get grumpy because I do, I get really grumpy but on the inside I'm appreciating the reasons I'm grumpy.  :)  Lately, a lot of people have been telling me they 'don't know how I do it'.... meaning 4 kids, Rich traveling a lot, a photography business, etc etc.  My new answer is.... 'I don't do it'. 

Here is what 'normal days' look like around here:
  • dirty dishes in the sink
  • a dishwasher that needs unloaded
  • a pile (very large) of laundry that needs folded
  • unorganized bedrooms with unmade beds
  • mass chaos in the mornings
  • couch cushions turned into houses on the floor
...and that's ok.  We had our showers, we gave our hugs, we said our 'I love you(s)'...

and because a post needs a picture...here's one I took tonight...

and clearly I need to go to bed now.  :)

No comments: