When out to lunch with my friend Jenn today, we discussed photography...of course. I'm always asking her questions and bringing up photography...sorry Jenn. Anyway, we both discussed how we have ALWAYS loved photography. When we look back at old pictures from a long time ago we can see that we always tried to 'create' that 'perfect picture'....blankets hung behind our subjects, little props spread around, different angles taken, etc.
I remember having my purple LeClic camera years and years ago and taking pictures of my cat with hats on. I would even dress up my poor nephew with glasses, hats and props (sorry Ryan). My dolls and stuffed animals were also captured around a table in a birthday party....come to think of it, my cat was the guest of honor in that picture with her birthday hat and all....sorry Boots.
It's a passion...or maybe an obsession...whatever. It will get you out of bed while on vacation before sunrise...even when you're not a morning person...just to catch the great light. The problem is that when you love your camera and love photography, you are constantly 'seeing pictures' in your head. You want to capture everything. You see the light on the leaves of a tree and want to grab your camera. You see sweet smiles and DO immediately find your camera. You notice moments between friends and family and want to capture them. Today, the 'trigger' to my photography obsession was this little cap of Allie's...
(Faded Daydreams Action....apparently now a favorite of mine)



2 comments:
Precious.....I wish I could figure out how to use my photoshop so I could try faded daydreams too!
It is definitely a sickness of sorts :) But as long as we know we are sick then we have permission to carry on in my opinion!
Allie's big brown eyes love the camera from any angle!
Jenn
Post a Comment